Enemalta plc is the leading energy service provider in the Maltese Islands, entrusted with the distribution of electricity and the development of the national electricity distribution network.
We are committed to the ongoing development of a highly skilled, diligent team of staff to maintain an effective level of service to our customers. As part of this process, we are inviting motivated individuals interested in joining our Company to apply for the post of:
Professional Executive (ICT) (Software Developer)
(Jobsplus Permit No. 266/2021)
Further details about this position including key responsibilities and requisites are available hereunder.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly fill in and submit the below form, including all required attachments, by not later than Monday, 24th October 2022 (midnight).
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence.
Job Description – Professional Executive (ICT) (Software Developer)
The Professional Executive (ICT) will be working in a team environment to support and implement ICT software solutions to meet the business needs of Enemalta plc.
- Project Management
- The PE (ICT) will be assigned to a project in a particular role depending on his / her involvement in the project. The PE (ICT) may be required to manage the project and may be assigned resources (tools, hardware, software and human resources), or may be required to participate and report to an assigned project leader. The PE (ICT) is expected to adhere to set procedures and practices and to any methodology framework introduced for the management of projects.
- Development, Implementation and Testing
- The PE (ICT) will be required to develop, implement and / or maintain applications using standard development tools. The PE (ICT) will be required to perform systems analysis and present a set of requirements or may be provided with such requirements in a standard pre-defined format. Development work relates to programming, configuration of established systems, querying and reporting using the Company’s ICT standard development platforms. The PE (ICT) must also ensure to perform his / her endeavours in line with corporate policies.
- During the execution of project works, the PE (ICT) must ensure that the works are carried out to the highest quality and standards hence he / she must oversee the work in progress conducted by internal employees or contracted to external parties and take the necessary corrective actions.
- The PE (ICT) must establish good relations with suppliers for the benefit of the organisation, and ensure that contractual SLAs are met. The PE (ICT) must also ensure to perform his / her endeavours in line with corporate policies and procedures.
- Tender Documentation
- The PE (ICT) may be required to participate through the whole tendering process. This may include but is not limited to the preparation of tender specifications, evaluations and subsequent adjudication reports.
- Business Process Reengineering
- The PE (ICT) will be required to participate or take an active lead in the mapping of current business processes, as well as aid or propose reengineered processes enabled by IT Systems.
- The PE (ICT) will be required to conduct research, attend meetings, demonstrations and conferences related to ICT systems and solutions, and critically evaluate the presented systems and solutions.
- Any Other Duties
- The PE (ICT) will also undertake other comparable duties within the ICT Department as advised by his / her manager or designated representative.
- If any of the duties mentioned are not within the competence of the PE (ICT), the Company shall provide adequate training.
- Organisational Relationships
- The PE (ICT) will report to ICT Managers, or a supervisor as appointed by the Divisional Manager ICT and assist him / her in all duties to ensure that the ICT service meets the Company’s needs. Depending on the nature of the project underhand, the PE (ICT) may be required to report to an appointed project leader within the ICT department for the duration of the project.
This ICT position will entail responsibilities such as but not limited to the following areas:
- Gathering and analysis requirements.
- Project management.
- Project related documentation.
- Software development / configuration.
- Software implementation.
- Software testing.
- Software maintenance.
- Database maintenance and querying.
Although the PE (ICT) will fall under the supervision of an ICT Manager, the selected candidate is required to carry out work with minimal supervision. Depending on the work assigned, the PE (ICT) may be required to report to a designated project manager/ leader for the duration of a particular project. The PE (ICT) is however expected to learn, adapt and comply with procedures and practices introduced to administer projects in the ICT environment.
A Bachelor’s degree (MQF Level 6) in ICT or an equivalent qualification relating to Computer Studies is considered mandatory.
- At least three (3) months experience in supporting an ICT enterprise environment.
- Project management.
- Experience in building RESTful Web Services would be an asset
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform would be an asset.
- Experience with ERP Solutions would be an asset.
Reasonable knowledge and understanding of the current utility business environment as well as the technological innovations and improvements which are influencing the way a utility operates.
This is an abridged version of the position description for the role of Professional Executive (ICT). A full description will be given to applicants upon request.