Enemalta plc is the leading energy service provider in the Maltese Islands, entrusted with the distribution of electricity and the development of the national electricity distribution network.
We are committed to the ongoing development of a highly skilled, diligent team of staff to maintain an effective level of service to our customers. As part of this process, we are inviting motivated individuals interested in joining our Company to apply for the post of:
Executive Officer (General Office Clerk)
(Jobsplus Permit No. 106/2022)
Further details about this position including key responsibilities and requisites are available hereunder.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly fill in and submit the below form, including all required attachments, by not later than Sunday 28th August 2022.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence.
Executive Officer (General Office Clerk)
The Executive Officer is responsible for implementing the Company’s various policies and procedures over a wide range of activities, operations and other services provided within and/or by the Company. The Executive Officer will be responsible to other Company employee(s) who is/are more senior than him/her.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Executive Officer is to carry out all duties listed under the Job Description of the Clerk. In addition, he/she is responsible for the following duties:
• Required to implement the Company’s policy over a wide range of activities, services or sections under the direction of senior officers; translating laws, regulations directives and instructions into action;
• Dealing with correspondence, cases and enquiries relating to the function of the unit or section and is required to deal with members of the public, answering queries, handling complaints and communicating decisions;
• May be responsible for scrutinising cases that do not fall within the scope of approved policy and procedures and recommending appropriate action;
• May function as the executive assistant of a manager or a senior officer. May perform accounting, procurement and personnel work; may man site offices of major projects or outstation offices under the direction of professional, technical or managerial staff;
• Performs any other related duties as may from time to time be entrusted to him/her by the Manager or his/her delegate.
N.B. The afore-mentioned job description pertaining to the role of Clerk can be submitted to the applicants upon request.
Direct supervision from the Unit’s or Section’s officer-in-charge and/or other senior officer within the Unit or Section where he/she is deployed, who will also conduct the performance assessment for this position.
The Executive Officer has the authority to take any responsible action and decision consistent with the position objectives and responsibilities and subject to any direction given by the Section Manager or his/her designated representative.
The Executive Officer shall be accountable to his/her duties assigned to him/her. The performance and effectiveness of the appointee will be determined by considering the following:
• The efficiency and effectiveness in performing his/her duties;
• The maintenance of all records, documents, files and other data and information, as well as other related documents used in carrying out his/her duties;
• The upkeep of any equipment under his/her charge issued to him/her.
Normal office working hours and conditions with a possible requirement to work in unscheduled or crisis situations after office hours or on weekends.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
• Highly computer literate;
• Ability to work on own initiative;
• Excellent report-writing skills;
• Ability to prioritise and work in a timely manner to achieve specific targets;
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Must be in possession of at least one (1) Advanced Level Certificate;
• Must be in possession of six (6) Ordinary Level Certificates, including Maltese, English and Mathematics;
• Preferably possess the ECDL and other administrative and/or technical competencies
• At least three (3) years’ work experience in a clerical role.
• Preferably also experienced in the implementation of specific projects and/or activities.